Velvet Vibes02 May 17
I can guarantee if you told me last year that I would be loving and wearing velvet this year, I would’ve probably laughed in your face.
Velvet is something I haven’t worn in FOREVER and it’s not a trend that I thought could make it’s come back in such a cool way – but I was very very wrong.
Thanks to Manning Cartell who showcased delicious mustard velvet numbers at VAMFF, I’ve re assessed how I could possibly bring this trend into my wardrobe and I did it in the best way I know how – with a blazer of course.
This double breasted blazer I’m wearing is definitely the first of it’s kind to join my blazer collection.
What I especially love is the silver button details, normally I’m always a gold detailing kinda gal, but it’s nice to mix it up. Underneath this little number is a velvet bodysuit which I’ve been wearing with everything lately, it’s such a good layering piece and it’s a fun little change to a standard black cami or skivvy that I’d normally wear.
I paired the blazer with my Manning Cartell midi skirt actually worn backwards to hide its long zip down the middle and my new Tony Bianco boots which yes look like socks worn with heels. This is 110% my kind of go to outfit, and no, not just because it’s all black.
Velvet is such a great addition to any wardrobe – it’s a material that yes can look incredibly tacky when done wrong, but can look so trendy and dressy paired with the right pieces.
Lucky for you I’ve done a little research (is online shopping research?) and I’ve found you a few pieces to get you started.
1. Witchery Double Breasted Velvet Blazer: $239.95
2. The Orient Bag by Naked Vice: $179.95
3. Divine Excess Wrap Dress by Manning Cartell: $599.00
4. Valentina Boots by Camilla and Marc: $699.00
5. Indecent proposal wrap top by Manning Cartell: $449.00
6. Leola black velvet by Tony Bianco: $159.95
7. Veronica slipper by Witchery: $139.95
– Witchery Velvet Blazer: $299.95
– Mink Pink Velvet Body suit: $49.95
– Tony Bianco Dini Boots: $239.95
– Manning Cartell Directors Cut Skirt: $399.00
– Givenchy Tote Bag (Small) : Available on Reebonz AU, price differs
Lot’s of love,
JENN FLURI XX